NEW route maps in the works
ATTENTION ALL RIDERS
TOUR DALLAS ROUTE SAFETY INFORMATION
Tour Dallas DOES NOT close any roadways, nor do cyclists have any special rights as they participate in Tour Dallas. As bicycles are considered vehicles, cyclists are expected to obey all the rules of the road. Tour Dallas has hired more than 175 members of the Dallas Police Department to manage traffic and direct traffic at many of the intersections along the routes. The biggest factor controlling rider safety is under the control of the rider. Please stay alert to the road surfaces, as they present the biggest single challenge to your safety.
Please make special note of the following items:
1) This bike ride is a TOUR. It is NOT a race. Please be mindful of that fact. Treating this event as a race can easily put you and others in harm’s way.
2) W e will not be keeping track of “who finished first” nor will we be awarding prizes based upon finish time or placement.
3) ALL of our routes overlap at one or more points. Please be kind and courteous when encountering riders who are slower or less experienced. Communicate with them about passing by calling out your intentions. Be prepared to repeat your statements until they are heard and understood.
4) We WILL provide a Dallas Police escort/lead for the first group of riders on the route UNTIL they merge back into the main route at Ellsworth. This lead escort is provided so that the Dallas Police officers working the intersections will know that the ride is coming through and to make sure that you do not enter an intersection without assistance. The escort will drop off at Ellsworth. From that point on, those cyclists are expected to cooperate with the other cyclists on the route.
5) Please obey the instructions given by the Dallas Police officers along the route. At times, they will need to stop the bicycle traffic in order to clear the intersections – or to allow a DART Train to pass.
6) Our Break Point is positioned so that you can take a break along the route. Please be careful when stopping. Get your bicycle off the roadway and be mindful of the traffic around you. Be careful when getting back on the bike and when you move back onto the route. Calling out your intentions to those around you is always a good idea.
7) Please remember our opening statement. This is Tour Dallas, and that is exactly what we hope you do. Have a fun ride, enjoy the scenery and the company as we all ride together to defeat inactivity.
NEW route maps are in the works
Sights and Points of Interest Along the routes:
- Dallas City Hall
- Dealey Plaza
- Union Station
- Reunion Tower
- Houston Street Viaduct
- Trinity River
- Jefferson Street Viaduct
- Pioneer Plaza
- Dallas City Hall
- Swiss Avenue Historic District
- White Rock Lake
- M Streets
- Turtle Creek Boulevard
- Nasher Sculpture Garden
- Museum of Fine Art
- City Hall Plaza
Come join our movement!